Homemade chocolate nutella with waffles
Makes 1 small jar of nutella and 4 waffles | 30 min | Easy
A few weeks ago I was making my black bean brownies at home, my favourite go-to dessert when I feel like something sweet. I used roasted hazelnuts instead of rye flakes (bacause, life) and while tasting the ready batch it tasted exactly like nutella. It was a wonderful moment in our home, we sang and danced and called all our friends with this glorious news. Ok, so we didn't do all of that but we did eat all of the brownies and were happy with our new discovery.
(Ps. I really recommend that you click that link, you wont regret it!)
So naturally we wanted to share this amazing new recipe with you, but I have to tell you — I've never been a big fan of nutella, I think it's too sweet — there I said it. But I LOVE our homemade nutella. It's so rich in flavour and isn't too sweet, it really is a perfect symphony of hazelnuts and chocolate. And it's incredibly easy to make, and requires only a few ingredients.
So here's a perfect recipe for you to try next time you have friends over for brunch or maybe on a lazy Saturday afternoon, while reading a book and sipping on some coffee. I guarantee you, you'll never want to eat store bought nutella again.
70 g hazelnuts
4 tbsp coconut oil
3 tsp cacao
1 tsp agave syrup
a pinch of salt
- Roast the hazelnuts for 5-8 min at 200°C (keep an eye on them so they don't burn!)
- Place the nuts in a food processor and mix them for about 2 minutes until they have a flour like consistency
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and mix until even
- If you prefer a sweeter nutella, add more agave syrup
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy
- Melt the coconut butter (eg. in a metal bowl over some boiling water)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and blend well
- Add the dry ingredients and the coconut butter to the eggs and whisk thoroughly
- Fry the waffles in a waffle maker and enjoy your new favorite dessert!
1 dl oat-milk
50 g coconut butter/coconut oil
1 dl flour
1 pinch authentic vanilla powder
1 tsp baking powder
PS. This nutella is perfect for any dessert. Try pouring it over some chocolate muffins, dip your fresh scones into it or eat it right out of the jar! Let us know if you try a great combination and we'll give it a go as well!
PPS! If you liked this post, please feel free to share and heart it; and leave a comment if you want to! We love your support and feedback.