Beetroot, apple & feta salad
Serves 1 | 20min | Easy
Continuing with this weeks salad theme, we give you another quick and easy salad that's perfect for lunch! It'll keep you filled, your life fulfilled, and you happy until late in the evening. It might also make you a better person. But I can't guarantee that last one.
All you need to do is slice and dice a few beets, toss them in the oven and presto manifesto you have a salad. Or, well, basically. We'll get to the recipe soon.
Right after this picture!
3 small beetroots
50 g feta cheese
a big handful of mixed salad leaves
a handful of pea shoots
sunflower & pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Turn your oven on to 200°C
- Wash your beets and cut off the ends; then slice into wedges
- Place them on a baking tray, drizzle some olive oil and salt over them, and bake in the oven for 15-20min
- Prepare the salad while the beets are in the oven by placing your salad leaves in a bowl; peeling and slicing the apple into wedges and tossing those on top of your salad
- Optional: Roast your sunflower and pumpkin seeds on a separate (from the beets) baking tray for the last 10min
- When the beets are done throw them on top of your salad, crumble the feta all over, and garnish with a handful of pea shoots and the roasted seeds
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt to taste over the salad
And that's it. Nothing to it. Just get to it.
I've been having a simple and straight forward evening today, which is why I decided to write this recipe in a similar fashion while enjoying an evening snack of roasted cabbage and kale with some soy-sauce (I know, I have weird urges sometimes).
Now my snack is finished and I need to move on to other things (folding the laundry), but I don't want to leave you empty handed so here's a link to one of my favourite songs at the moment.
Have a great weekend you beautiful, wonderful, and foolish person!