Oven-baked sweet potato with feta & red currants
Serves 2 | 1 h | Easy Peasy
This is the perfect recipe for when you want something gorgeous and tasty, that requires almost no skill whatsoever to make. And honestly, it doesn't get any easier than this.
Step 1: Throw an entire sweet potato in the oven.
Step 2: There is no step two. Sort of.
As you've probably noticed already, we love sweet potatoes. We tend to always have them handy since they're just so darn good and versatile. This time I didn't have any energy to cook, so I just decided to throw the sweet potatoes in the oven without doing anything to them. And it was the best decision I ever made. So let's get to the recipe and I'll explain why afterwards.
4 small/medium sweet potatoes
- Turn your oven on to 200°C
- Cut a thin slice across the length of each sweet potato, approximately 2cm deep
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 60min
- When they're done, squeeze in from the sides to push out the insides of the sweet potatoes and place on a plate
- Crumble as much feta as you feel like over the baked sweet potatoes
- Sprinkle a handful of red currants and lemon balm leaves over everything and finish off with a big pinch of sea salt and dash of olive oil
- Serve immediately, maybe with a simple green salad or as a side dish
This is one of those dishes that is super fun to make, because you really get to play around with the plating without having to do any complicated cooking (my favourite).
It's also a perfect weekday dinner, since it feels slightly decadent without being unhealthy, and throwing a whole sweet potato in the oven as soon as you come home is the kind of prep that anyone can get behind!
Have fun and play around with what you sprinkle over the sweet potatoes and let us know if you come up with a great combo!