Sweet potato fries & avocado dip
Serves 2-4 | 5 min + 20 min | Easy
This is a healthy and easy snack (or side-dish) to make when you get a craving for comfort food but don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. Also, it's insanely good. Sweet potato might be the ultimate root vegetable -- you can make just about anything with it, and it's deliciously sweet and really, really orange. Like Donald Trump, but good.
This dish is super easy and quick to make, and you can eat the fries with homemade burgers or pair them with your choice of vintage 90's tv-show (we prefer a late 2001 Friends with this recipe).
one large sweet potato
one ripe avocado
coriander (cilantro for our US readers)
- Turn your oven on to 200 °C
- Cut the sweet potato into finger-length strips (try to cut them equally thick in order to ensure an even cooking time)
- Toss them with a healthy dollop of olive oil, a big spoonful of rosemary, two cloves of garlic and a big pinch of salt
- Spread them evenly on an oven plate and throw them in the oven
- Let them get warm and cosy in the oven for 15-20min
- Take them out when they look crispy, golden and the skinniest fries start to get a slight sunburn around the edges
- Throw them in a copper bucket, put them on your window-sill and take pictures of them (optional)
- Enjoy them on your couch with the avocado dip (see below)
- Slice the avocado in half and gouge out the good stuff into a bowl
- Add a small pinch of salt, a teaspoon of olive oil, a half-second squeeze of lemon juice and a handful of coriander leaves to the avocado
- Mush everything together with a fork or spoon until everything is nice and blended, no need to be fancy here
- Add chili if you need excitement in your life (optional)
PS. The avocado dip is also a perfect addition to any halloumi burger
PS. We like to turn the heat up to 250 °C for a few minutes towards the end to give the fries a nice crispy touch.
Now sit back, relax, grab a beer and enjoy your fries. We'll be back soon with more recipes!