Green broccoli soup
Serves 2 | 25 min | Easy
This green broccoli soup is a perfect meal when you have no inspiration, energy and you feel like leaving your life behind and riding into the sunset on a black stallion.
We all know the biggest challenges in life can be deciding what to eat for dinner. Yes, even though we're foodbloggers we get that feeling very often, dare I say, every day? Okay, not every day, but I wouldn't show you what we eat every day. Sometimes it's so boring or weird you'll never listen or believe a word we write again.
We both love cooking but we're also humans and sometimes we only eat oven baked potatoes for lunch, or like yesterday when we attempted a pasta sallad with apples (?) and thats about it.
But, thankfully we sometimes prepare some really tasty and beautiful meals too. So when your imagination suddenly quits on you and you want to throw a tantrum on the supermarket floor this soup will save you. They should always serve some green broccoli soup in the supermarket to prevent grownups from crying on the floor.
There you go, an easy everyday meal that you can vary in a hundred different ways. It's especially good this time of year when it's cold outside. Have a great day!
100 g kale
100 g frozen green peas
A handful of spinach
2 tbsp of vegan crème fraîche
Salt & pepper
Feta cheese for garnish
- Fry the chopped leek and kale in a dash of olive oil in a saucepan (or cooking pot) until slightly brown
- Chop up the broccoli and throw into the mix with the frozen peas
- Add water so it barely covers everything
- Boil for about 10-15 minutes until the broccoli is soft
- Add the spinach and the crème fraîche
- Mix everything with a blender until it's smooth
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Top with crumbled feta