Homemade snickers bars
Makes 4 bars | 30 min + 1 h | Easy
We love candy so much that we decided to make our own! This version is made without sugar so you can have as many as you want!
A few weeks ago we were craving something sweet, but sadly we had nothing even remotely close to candy at home. As dutiful foodbloggers, that got our creative brains working, and we decided to make something for you to enjoy as well!
This sugar craving led to a really fun experimental evening in the kitchen, and we made a lot of different bars, including this snickers bar. So next time your sugar tooth starts aching I urge you to try these, or look through our feed on instagram and find the other bars we made that night!
1,5 dl oven rolled oats
0,5 dl pumpkins seeds
3 fresh dates
0,5 dl oat milk
10g dark chocolate
1tsp coconut oil
- Start by roasting the oats and pumpin seeds in the oven at 200°C for 15-20 minutes until they start to get a golden brown color
- Mix fresh dates in a food processor and add the roasted oats into the food processor, mix until smooth and even
- Add the vegan milk
- Shape them like a classic snickers bar and place them on a baking sheet
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil and drizzle over the bars
- Finish the bars by sprinkling some homemade muesli or the rest of the pumpkin seeds on the bars
- Freeze for an hour until devouring!
Just a quick reminder, on our instagram feed you can find recipes for liquorice and vanilla bars; pumpkin, spinach and chocolate bars; and a whole bunch of other easy to make snacks!
Have a great weekend!