A BIG thank you + a mushroom sandwich!
Yesterday we won an award for 'Best newcomer' in the Finnish-Swedish blog awards and we couldn't be happier! Thank you so much to all of you for your support! Here's a celebratory mushroom sandwich for you!
Serves 2 | 10 minutes | Easy
Sadly we weren't able to attend the gala in person, but we were watching it unfold on the live stream. A big whoop and congratulations to the crew behind the gala, it looked amazing! Thank you to all of you who keep reading, sending pictures of your food, supporting us, and voting for us -- you make us very proud and happy! (Go ahead and click on that link will ya!)
We're humbled by the support and love we've gotten from all of you readers during this fall. Writing and producing this blog has definitely been more fun than we could have ever imagined. I find writing this blog post hard, because I don't even know where to start explaining how happy we are that we started this blog and how happy we are that you like it. So we're gonna go all Finnish here and just assume you know how important your support is.
Keep making our dishes and sending us feedback, and we'll keep doing the best we can. 2017 is gonna be awesome!
To show you our gratitude we wanted to invite you all over for a mushroom-sandwich-evening-snack and some cozy discussions over your favourite ice cream flavour. But because we don't have enough bread for all of you, and you probably have plans, I suggest we make them in our own homes and send each other some nice thoughts! (And pictures, yes?) We made these while thinking of you, so you can bet they're made with love and spiced with some happy tears!
100 g mushrooms
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp cream cheese
a 2cm slice of fennel
lemon balm leaves for garnish
- Chop the onions and fry them for about 5 minutes, add the fennel after a few minutes and fry until soft
- Chop the mushrooms and fry them separately for a few minutes, add the chopped apple into the mix
- Mix all of the fried ingredients together, add salt and pepper
- Add the cream cheese and mustard into a bowl and mix with a spoon until even and smooth
- Put your cream cheese mixture on a piece of toast and the mushroom mixture on top of it, add the lemon balm on top for more flavour
- Cheers to us! You rock!
We couldn't have done this without you! So thank you for reading and keep cooking!
Lots of love and many many hugs,
Lotta and Anton