Kale and feta breakfast quiche
Serves 1 | 35 min | Medium
Sometimes even big breakfast lovers like us crave something else than the usual set of toasts and yoghurt, and that's when this breakfast quiche comes in and saves the day.
As we've said several times, we both love breakfast a lot and I seriously think it's the best meal of the day. I don't like to change my set, it's usually the same with some variation depending on what's available. Being a food blogger and all, I can't just show off my regular set of avocado sandwiches and homemade granola every damn day, I need to keep it fresh!
But I like the challenge! And it has gotten my brain thinking about breakfast even more, which is, of course, not a problem.
It also leads to us making more breakfast food, so I'm not complaining.
I have a lot of ideas and I can't wait to show you all of them. All I can say at this point is that we have so many great breakfasts to look forward to! You and me! And I'm starting this new chapter in our lives with this amazing quiche.
2 dl of graham flour
1 tbsp of olive oil
4 tbsp of water
50 grams of feta cheese
handful of kale
1 tbsp of vegan crème fraîche (for a lighter version, use a dash of plant-based milk instead of the crème fraîche)
- Turn your oven on to 200°C
- Make your crust in a bowl by adding all of the ingredients and mixing them until the consistency is thick
- Press the dough into an oven form with a 15cm diameter with your fingers, and bake for 10 minutes
- Whisk the egg and the crème fraîche together
- When the crust is done put your kale, feta and sliced mushroom on it and pour the egg mixture over everything
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the egg mixture has set
- Garnish with fresh rosemary
TIP: You'll want to make the crusty as thin as you can, since with this recipe it will turn out pretty hard, which is nice when its a thin crispy crust, but can be annoying if the crust is too thick.