Chocolate bliss balls
Makes 8-10 balls | 10 min + 1 h | Easy
This recipe is truly a classic. And I believe it's one of the first things anyone makes when they want to transition from unhealthy treats to healthy treats. But there is a simple reason why some things become classics, like your grandmothers weird pudding on christmas or having tacos on a Friday, it works!
The idea with these bliss balls is that you can simply add anything into them, anything you fancy, and they'll be delicious! Some people call these little suckers energy balls, and that can definitely be the case. If you add a lot of nuts or nut butter, coconut oil or dates then they will be filled with good healthy energy, perfect to consume just before a workout. But if you swap all the nuts for oats there will be less energy in the balls and you can consume them without having to workout. I've tried a lot of different mixes, and I promise you to show some of them in the future.
Today I wanted to try something a bit more simple. The idea is that you'll probably always have these ingredients at home, so if you feel like eating something sweet you can always make yourself some bliss balls.
Let us know if you like them! If you feel like you can't get enough of Cake & Beans then follow us on facebook and/or instagram or if you're old school and don't use social media, then you should definitely sign up to our newsletter. We'll send you a bunch of tips, ideas, and our favourite recipes every month. And all of that for free! So sign up now!
Have a good one! - Lotta
2 dl of rolled oats
3 tbsp of cocoa
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of water
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add the oil, honey, and water and mix everything together with a spoon
- You should easily be able to form the mixture into small balls, if it's runny or too dry - add more water or oats
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on to a cutting board
- Roll the mixture into balls using your hands and then roll them around in the coconut flakes until completely covered
- Put them in the freezer for an hour